And with that, you have stolen my smile.

I understand, I really do. Sometimes we don't make the choices. And sometimes people think they know whats best for us. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Only time can tell.

This "choice" you've been forced to make. I know it hurts you. But it hurts me too. Probably more. The revelation that no matter how good I am, or how much I try, or how much I want to keep you, will never be enough. This is enough to crush a person. I had hoped beyond hope that I could make you happy. And that I could make you smile like you do when you see me. All these will never happen again. This is painful beyond words.

I was once asked, "why don't you want to meet or text your ex? Why can't you look back at the memories as happy ones?"
My reply is, "it is precisely because they were happy memories, that make them too painful to bear. We will never frequent the same shops again.  We will never chat like we did till dawn again. We will never hold each other in our hands again.We will never kiss again. It is this that makes these memories painful."

Yet some part of me is angry. Pissed off. That once again someone else has been able to dictate yours and my happiness. That you couldn't rebel against the order. And that you chose the "easy" way out. If love stories like Romeo and Juliet has taught us anything, it is that love will always win.
Will I rather die young and ostracized by family if it meant I was happy with you? Yes definitely. To me life is too short to not feel. Musicians are too sensitive to not love.

Yet again I understand. This is your choice. And once you've decided it. We will never ever work again.

Hence, with a few simple texts, you have stolen my smile.

- There was once two lovebirds
          Whose very wish was for their love to be heard
           They kissed each other when they could
           And held each other as though they never would

- They played and sang together
           Hoping it could last forever
           The made plans and dreams with each other

           Promising to make them happen whenever

- The mother bird cuckoo-ed one day

           And the birds were left apart
           All their hopes and dreams
           Are now but regrets and memories

- And with that their hearts were sealed

           Their happiness forgotten
           And the light in their eyes dimmed
           As their smiles, forever stolen     

No comments:

Post a Comment