Memories

The smell of coffee wafted up into my nose, the hustle and bustle of people rushing about invaded my ears, yet, my mind wasn’t thinking about any of that.

“I wrote your name over and over again”- the words, seemed to jump off the page. My mind started wandering, I remembered the look on your face when you came down the stairs, the way you smiled, despite your fatique.

“These hugs, never enough” as I thought of the way you pressed your body against mine, warm, and comfortable. I am reminded of the way I hugged you, cradled you while you tried to sleep. The feeling of your waist under my hand, the curve of your hips.

“kisses which tasted like sugar”- the way you pressed your forehead against mine, yearning for a kiss, yet reluctant, because there would never be enough. The kisses we exchanged, all too brief, yet full of passion. The way you left your mouth half open, as if begging me to take you then and there. I licked them, and they were sweet, deliciously so. I wanted so much more, more time, more you, more us.

“her voice, her hands, her touch”- I remember your face, the way your face curved down, your wet, sweat soaked hair matted to them, the way your mouth curled into a grin, but most of all, I remember your eyes, the way they looked at me, begging me to stay, even though I had to go.

I looked up, jolted back into the present. You aren’t here I realized, and all I have left are these memories to remind me of you. The joy, the love, the satisfaction, and behind all of it, the sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment