Words unsaid, should remain so.

One of your favorite author/poet is coming to Malaysia. I gave you one of her books. I remembered the smile on your face. When I heard that she was coming, I asked you if you wanted to go meet her. It was this Sunday.

I sat in the chair reading the texts you sent. Each word, each syllable, a dagger to my heart. I did not understand. You told me you were tired of being abandoned. By him not replying your texts, by him not texting you, by him playing with your heart like a yoyo. Yet you miss him, you are more comfortable with him than with me. You trust him more and you would rather talk to him because he knew about your situation more.

Can't you see how you are being played? Like a marionette, moving to his every call and beckon. First comes concern and care, to draw you in, next comes abandonment, to make you yearn, then comes reward, which you will jump at.

All the while I am sitting here wondering where I went wrong. You wanted attention, someone to treat you like you deserved to be. Not just someone on the other end of the line texting words and words. I guess I failed. Now the daggers in my heart wouldn't go away, and the saltiness of my tears linger in my mouth.
I need to stop hurting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment